Prize Money Rules
- Prize Money is applicable only for the Half Marathon race category as per the rules given hereunder.
- Only confirmed Elite half marathon men and women runners will be entitled to be considered for prize money and bonus winnings given under Tables 1 (A) to (D) of the prize money structure.
- Only confirmed amateur half marathon men and women runners (excluding Elite athletes) falling within the specified age groups, will be entitled to be considered for respective prize money winnings given under Tables 2 (a) to (k).
- Half marathon runners not confirmed to participate in the Elite category will NOT be entitled to prize money as given in Tables 1 (A) to (D).
- Any Elite runner (falling under point 2 above), whether Indian or international and who is one of the top overall half marathon finishers, will be entitled to prize money stated in Table 1 (A). The first 10 elite Indian half marathon finishers who do not finish in the top overall half marathon finisher positions, will be entitled to prize money in Table 1 (B). However, where an Indian elite finishes as one of the top overall half marathon finishers, s/he will receive prize money stated either in Table 1 (A) or Table 1 (B), whichever is HIGHER. In the instance of an Indian elite runner availing of the higher prize money amount from Table 1 (B), there will be NO CHANGE in the overall finishing positions of the Indian elite finisher in Table 1 (A), the overall finishing positions remain the same.
- Confirmed half marathon elite athletes must have started their race at 6:40 a.m., and confirmed half marathon (non-elite) runners must have started their race at 6:41 a.m. to be entitled to timing, ranking and prize money, if any.
- Only those half marathon runners, who finish within 3 hours from the start time and who fall within the finish positions as indicated in the Prize Money Structure, will be entitled to respective prize money.
- ADHM Event Record Bonus [Table 1(C)]: Top overall half marathon elite winner finishing sub
59:06 (Men, 59:05 or faster) / sub 1:06:50 (Women, 1:06:49 or faster) shall stand to win the Bonus
amount of USD 10,000 for creating a new ADHM Event Record.
- Performance Bonuses [Table 1(D)]:
- Only confirmed elite athletes are entitled to the performance bonuses.
- Where an athlete in entitled to a performance bonus, he/she will receive the higher performance bonus. For the sake of clarity where a male Indian elite clocks a finish time of 1:03:49, he will be entitled to performance bonus of INR 75,000, and not both INR 75,000 and INR 50,000.
- Where an Indian elite winner (male/female) is the overall half marathon winner and finishes in timings mentioned in point 7 above, he/she shall be entitled to both the ADHM Event Record Bonus and the applicable Performance Bonus (as detailed in point 8 above).
- Runners crossing the start line after the following timings, will not be entitled to rankings or
prize money –
- Half Marathon Elite – no later than 40 seconds of race start time.
- Half Marathon open (non-Elite) – within 20 minutes of race start time.
- An Elite athlete refusing to undergo anti-doping testing (where chosen), for reasons whatsoever, will be disqualified from this Event and shall not be allowed to participate in the 2020 and 2021 editions of the Event. His/her finish position at the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2019 and consequent prize money entitlement shall stand disqualified and forfeited.
- Finish positions of the half marathon elite (men and women) finishers for prize money entitlement will be based on the gun time alone. However, the finish positions of half marathon age categories finishers (as mentioned in point 3 above) for prize money entitlement shall be based on respective net finish times.
- In addition to the rules mentioned herein, entitlement to finish positions and prize money winnings
are subject to –
- Bib tag timings captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats,
- Physical verification by technical officials, and
- Dope test results (applicable only for the half marathon elite category).
- Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with others, will be disqualified from the competition. Such runners will not be entitled to any timing or prize money (where applicable).
- Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, as may be required by the Promoter, for disbursement of prize money, failing which the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, withhold disbursement or disqualify the said participant from competition.
- Race results announced on race day will be ‘provisional’. Final results and entitlement to prize money shall be subject to the rules mentioned herein and the Race Regulations.
- Post verification of results and dope test results, prize money cheques of winners falling within the finish positions as given in the prize money structure shall be drawn in the name of the individual runner.
- Winners from outside India will receive prize money equivalent in US Dollars calculated at the applicable exchange rate.
- Prize Money and Bonus winnings are subject to Indian Income Tax Rules as applicable and taxes, if any, and will be borne by the winner.
- Timing results: Where a runner’s timing result with respect to his/her gender and/or age, is required to be updated online, the runner needs to write, no later than 24th October 2019, at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the nature of edit required and attaching the relevant proof of change. Requests received after 24th October 2019 will not be entertained.
- Protests and Appeals:
A] Only with respect to results of Half Marathon overall elite and Indian elite finish positions:
- The athlete and/or his/her representative can appeal to the Race Referee in relation to the official race results declared, in writing, within 30 minutes of the official announcement of the results on race day, of relevant race category. Results will be put up at the Elite Athlete Tent at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- The protest letter needs to be submitted at the Elite Result Appeals Desk outside the men elite athlete tent.
- Where the Race Referee makes a decision, the athlete and/or the representative have the right to appeal to the Jury of Appeal. An appeal to the Jury of Appeal must be made at the Elite Result Appeals Desk within 30 minutes – (i) of the official announcement of the amended result which has been arrived at from the decision by the Referee, or (ii) of informing the person lodging the protest that the results will not be amended.
- The decision of the Jury of Appeal shall be final and there shall be no further right of appeal.
- The Protests and Appeals for the elite races will be guided by rules given in this document, and the IAAF Competition Rules in force on race day, i.e. 20th October 2019.
B] Only with respect to results of Half Marathon age category finish positions (non Elite):
- Any confirmed runner of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2019 can lodge a protest in relation to the official race results in relation to age category finish positions declared after the race.
- The Protest Letter must be sent to the following address: Race Referee, Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2019, c/o Procam International Pvt. Ltd., 14, St. James Court, Marine Drive, Mumbai 400 020, India.
- Only the protest letters received on or before Thursday, 24th October 2019, will be entertained.
- The jury will deliberate, verify and deliver its decision on the Protest within 7 working days of receiving the Protest Letter.
- Decision of the jury shall be final and binding on all.