Entry to the half marathon race category is only against a timing certificate (except limited places for Women’s criteria and Charity running places), as elaborated below. You must have fulfilled the requirements mentioned below, under each criterion, to apply for the half marathon category. Please go through all the details mentioned in this overleaf and the application form before submitting your application.
I] Timing Certificate
'Applicants' please note–
- The running event must have been conducted within the period of 24 months preceding AIRTEL DELHI HALF MARATHON 2019 race day, i.e. 20 th October 2019.
- Timings of only marathon (42.195 km), 25 km, half marathon (21.097 km) and 10 km distances will be considered to qualify for the half marathon race category – timing cut-offs of each distance basis age of applicant to apply for the half marathon category at Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2019 as given below. Recognized timed relay races, where an individual runner covers a distance of minimum 10 km, will also be considered to qualify for Half Marathon race category only.
- The course is measured either by an accredited IAAF-AIMS measurer using the calibrated bicycle method http://aims-worldrunning.org/measurement/MeasurementOfRoadRaceCourses.pdf or by a local state athletic association representative using a GPS measurement device. Measurement by GPS device has been found to underestimate course length by approximately 200m over a half marathon distance so the target reading for a GPS-measured half marathon should be 1% more than the advertised distance, i.e. 21.31km. Equivalent GPS device target lengths for other race distances would be: 10km: 10.1km; 25km: 25.25km; Marathon: 42.62km. The measurement report must be uploaded onto the official website of the event.
- All runners are compulsorily timed using the RFID technology.
- Timing tags must be pasted on to the bibs before handing over the running number bibs to the runners – timing tags must not be handed out loose to the runners.
- The provisional timing results are displayed on the website within 12 hours of published closing hour of the race.
- Race results should be available on the event website for a period of 24 months from the date of the event
- To be eligible for this confirmation under this criterion, your timing certificate needs to show your finish time as specified below:
You must have participated in a distance running event which fulfils the following requirements-
|Race Category||Finish time|
|Marathon (42.195 km)||07:18:00 or faster|
|25 Km Run||04:11:00 or faster|
|Half Marathon (21.097 km)||03:30:00 or faster|
|10 km||01:35:00 or faster|
Guidelines for race Promoters/Organizers of running events –
Given below are guidelines for promoters/organizers of running events for the timing certificates of your races to be accepted as part fulfilment of confirmation criteria by an applicant. Please note where any of the guidelines are not followed by a promoter/organizer, or where there are many issues/complaints relating to timing, distance or facilities provided by race organizers on race day, Procam may at its sole discretion, not accept the timing certificates of such running events. The decision of Procam shall be binding and final.
- The running event must have been conducted within the period of 24 months preceding Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2019 race day, i.e. 20th th October 2019.
- Please note your running event cannot use the term 'official qualifier to Airtel Delhi Half Marathon' or ‘qualifier to ADHM’ in any/all communication.
- The course must be measured either by the AIMS ratified/local state athletic association representative and the measurement report must be uploaded on the official website of the event.
All runners are compulsorily timed using the RFID technology.
- Timing tags must have been pasted on to the bibs before handing over the running number bibs to the runners – timing tags must not be handed out loose to the runners.
In addition to the timing mats at the start and finish gates, the course should have the
following minimum number of mats on the course (split points)–
- For a full marathon course (42.195 km) – at least 3 split point timing mats
- For a 25 km course – at least 2 split point timing mats
- For a half marathon course (21.097 km) – at least 2 split point timing mats
- For a 10 km course – at least 1 split timing mat.
- The provisional timing results are displayed on the website within 12 hours of published closing hour of the race. Results and timing certificates should be available for verification by Procam on the website.
- Final Race Results should be available on the event website for a period of 24 months from the date of the event. Such final results must include and showcase timings of runners recorded on the minimum number of split points as mentioned in 4(b) above.
- Adequate verifiable mechanisms are required to be put in place to verify that the applicant for Airtel Delhi Half Marathon is the runner who registered and ran at the running event in concern.
- Runners with results showing missing timing split point data /split point timing not available, their timing result/certificate will not be considered for Airtel Delhi Half Marathon.
- In case it is observed that there are substantial number of finishers with one or more timing split point missing data/data not available, Procam may at its sole discretion, not accept the timing certificates of such running events. The decision of Procam shall be binding and final.
An organizer/promoter to give a written declaration to Procam confirming the following–
- The technical conduct of the race in question is being assisted by the local/state athletic federation.
- Number of timing mats used (in addition to mats at the start and finish gates) and the course map specifying locations where mats are placed (Indicating kilometre point) on course map of timed race categories.
- The course has adequate verifiable anti-cheat mechanisms, including timings mats at split points, functional cameras at important junctions throughout the duration of the race with footage available for verification and officials present at crucial junctions.
- It is advised that the final timing results declared for all timed categories be shared
with Procam International in an excel file capturing the appended details of all
finishers of the race, at email@example.com. This is required for verification of results
- First Name, Middle Name & Last Name
- Bib no.
- All Split point timings data including Start point.
- Net finish time
All applicants and confirmed participants of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2019 are requested to visit the event website: airteldelhihalfmarathon.in for regular updates.
II] WOMEN'S CRITERIA
To encourage women applicants’ participation, there are a limited number of running places reserved for women applicants who cannot submit a timing certificate or do not fall within the timings mentioned above.
III] Charity Running Places
Limited charity running places are available at a premium with the Event’s official Philanthropy Partner, India Cares Foundation. The amount to be paid by the applicant will be Rs 4000, and after deducting applicable Event entry fee, the balance shall be remitted to the CSO–Civil Society Organisation (erstwhile referred to as NGO) registered with the Philanthropy Partner for the Event chosen by the applicant. Charity running places can be availed by applicants on a first come first served basis. The application form for charity running places will be available with India Cares Foundation. Applicants who cannot submit a timing certificate or do not fall within the timings mentioned above can apply under charity running places. Please note, charity running places will not be available after 4th October 2019 or as soon as running places are filled, whichever is earlier. You may log on to the event website http://icfn.in/adhm/ for more details.
- Registration for half marathon (21.097 km) is open only for timed runners, applying with valid timing certificate as explained in “Timing Criteria”. This rule is not applicable for limited running spots that are reserved for “Women’s Criteria” & “Charity running places”.
- As and when the limit of entries to be accepted in a half marathon is achieved, the registrations will close.
- The qualification timings mentioned above are only to consider eligibility for confirmation in the half marathon race category. However, on race day, ADHM 2019 timing results, ranking and online certificates will be generated only for runners who complete the half marathon distance within 3 hours 30 min from start time
- Post 15 days of registration closure, individual applicant is required to go online on airteldelhihalfmarathon.in for regular updates and check his/her application status.
PRIORITY LINE-UP ON RACE DAY
Confirmed applicants of half marathon category who have provided valid timing certificates along with their application forms, will get priority in line-up on race day (20th October 2019). Line-up sections will be allocated based on the finish time mentioned on the timing certificates submitted at the time of application.
*Half Marathon Line-up sections on race day:
|Section||Section Start time||Section End time|
|A||-||Under 1 hr 45 min|
|B||1 hr 45 min||Under 2 hrs 06 min|
|C||2 hrs 06 min||Under 2 hrs 33 min|
|D||2 hrs 33 min||Under 2 hrs 57 min|
|E||2 hrs 57 min||Under 3 hrs 21 min|
|F||3 hrs 21 min onwards + Participants registering under Women’s Criteria & Charity Running Places without timing certificate|
*Half marathon line-up sections given above are indicative and may undergo a change which will be communicated on the event website airteldelhihalfmarathon.in, post closure of all registrations. .
Please note, on race day timing results and certificates will be generated only for runners who complete the half marathon distance within 3 hours 30 minutes from start time.
Note: Confirmed applicants improving their timing performance post submission of application can request for changing the Line Up Area section only till 4th October 2019, valid timing certificate needs to be provided for this on email: firstname.lastname@example.org